Tuesday 14 August 2012

Independence Day

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY



So its 14th August and everyone is all happy with their cool green badges and flags and maybe t-shirts and most of them are probably even more super happy that Independence Day happpened during Ramzan and that's a sign that Pakistan is on its way to a better road.

Not that I'm not supporting Pakistan on its way to that better road.

One of my friends put to me this very interesting question and I thought I'd share it and give my own answer to it. WHAT CHANGES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN PAKISTAN???

I live in the city, so I'm not about to hand over a reason that doesn't concern me at all, for example "More literacy in the rural areas!" because I don't really think that would make ME happy or make ME "like'" it. So I'm just going to give you my own self-centered selfish changes. Ahem.

Not that I don't support educating the people in rural areas.

So first of all, I would like to start with providing facilities. Facilities include proper bathrooms, particularly in shopping malls and centers because it gets really annoying when your little sibling says "I have to go!" and you can't find a bathroom anywhere and end up going home. Seriously, this must be the major reason for the loss of consumers, because once you get home, you don't really feel like getting up again.

But facilities also include libraries. I would love to have libraries in my cities. Not just one library, but lots of libraries and all of them coordinated, the way are in America. And not a lousy library that is in a small house but a library like this-

~Yes this library exists. I've been here~

Infact, it should be government run. What do they have to lose? People love libraries and happily donate their books to this noble cause. Instead of setting up literary clubs that you only hear about and magazines that talk about new books, we should have a library that actually DOES something. And a library doesn't have to be just for reading. It can also be for educational events for the community or entertainment programs like plays or dramas. I'm telling you, this is something that will give plenty in return. (Somebody tell Islamabad's mayor to do us a favor and start a Library Project, if we have a mayor)

So that's something I think Pakistan should introduce which I would like very much.

What else? Well, I wouldn't mind the renovation of theme parks. Or these rides that are supposed to be theme parks. See, in Pakistan, we have rides that look like they're about to fall apart if too many people get on.

~This is supposed to be a roller coaster. I flatly crossed out all prospects of riding and coming out alive~

~This looks a bit more safer. I mean, if one of the chains DO break apart, you'd stll be close to the ground and won't get hurt. unless you look up and another horse slams into your head~

I mean, this is seriously dangerous. And what would happen if someone does get hurt?


~Compare with earlier picture of a roller coaster~


~A merry go round with horses~

I'm not saying that Pakistan sucks or anything. I'm just comparing. And now I am realizing there's really no point in comparing a Third world to a First world. So I'll just quit it with the pictures and move on to what else I want to see in Pakistan.

I wouldn't mind seeing some better schools. Maybe more electricity because these power outages are rather annoying.

One more thing. People drive SO SLOW that it is crazy. When you have stopped at a signal, it takes about ten seconds for the first car to see that the light is now green and to move forward. So there goes ten seconds of our lives that we'll never get back. Speaking of the road, it's a daily occurance to see beggers, so much so that it has become quite normal.


Why?! Why are there so many beggers? It's annoying. Most of them look pretty good to me and should be working somewhere, but nooo they find walking around in the street, getting rejected seventy five percent of the time much more fun. The government should do something because these people don't make our roads look too good.

That's all I can think of right now. Do you have any suggestions?

I end at this sidenote.

JASHNE AZADI MUBARAK


No comments:

Post a Comment