Monday 20 August 2012

MY EID

I'd like to start by saying EID MUBARAK to everyone. Regardless of who you are, how much Eidi you get, whether you get Eidi or not, how crisp your Eidi might be or how many people forgot to give you Eidi, today is a day of celebration and most of all, a day of thanksgiving. Having fasted a whole month, that is thirty days, we seek Allah's forgiveness and His Pleasure in the good deeds we have done this past month.

It doesn't mean you can crank up your radio and start watching Indian flicks. NOOO. That's a no no.

Now, I don't want to start on a sermon or anything. I'm just going to tell you about my Eid. And my Eid did start with a sermon, sort of. We went to Faisal Masjid to offer our Eid prayers, me my father and brother. Now Faisal Masjid is huge. Very very big. And it's also very popular. It's where all the high class dudes go, you know, the lawyers, the judges the etc and etc. So obviously, if we wanted to find a place, we had to go early, so we went about an hour early.

The sermon was okay. Mostly about how people with debts are the most "muflis" people because regardless of their good deeds they'd go to Hell since they have abused people's rights. Now if Zardari had really been in Faisal Masjid at that time, I would have said, HOW IRONIC! Since the imam repeatedly said, "jo log awaam se qarza lete hen... Jo log AWAAM se qarza lete hen!"

(I don't know how many times he said it. Maybe he said it only twice. But that thing got stuck in my head and this is MY perspective I am talking about, for all those who were present at the lecture)

Anyway, then we had the Eid prayer, which is sort of confusing. The imam says "Allahu Akbar" a couple of times and there WERE a few people who thought that meant you go into the next position, not do the raising hands thing again.

So by the time the Takbirs finished and the imam began reciting a surah, some people had finished one rakah. I however was copying what the lady beside me was doing. To my embarassment, she messed up in the second rakah and that made me mess up too. But at least I caught myself and went back to the standing position. (^.^)

The prayer ended, the dua ended and THEN began the fight to get out. Since I was alone, I had no reason to stick around therefore I went to the arena too and shuffled along. I will never understand WHY people push. I  mean, DUDE, I am standing still cause the lady in front of me is old and I wanna let her go first. But noooo, the fat lady behind me is going to push and push. I understand if she pushes for the first few seconds but when I (just to annoy her) stand still for half a minute (to see what she'd do) she just keeps pushing. But as soon as the old lady got her way, I kept moving.

Next, at the bottleneck door, I didn't have any old ladies to watch out for but I still wanted to see how uncivilised people could get. So once I again I decided to stay in my place for a moment. This other lady kept pushing me with her elbow, but me, the dheet insaan refused to move and gently pushed back. She got fed up after a while and moved her elbow away from me. How kind of you, Auntie.

After THAT, I got my shoes and started the trek back to the entrance where I was supposed to meet up with my dad and brother. Surprisingly, even though this is a masjid and is supposed to be religious and all, there's total free-mixing. So I had to dodge around ALOT of guys. ALOT. I was like, whaaat, must I get THIS experience in a masjid? This is where I least expect this sort of thing! But oh well, I got to the entrance, walking barefoot across the wet marble and got there.

Now the entrance (for ladies) has a big sign that says "KHAWATEEN KE LIYE". You don't say, huh? Well, then why's that dude jumping to and fro the exit? And what's with that group of guys on this side? Can you not read? KHAWATEEN KE LIYE. I think the authorities should draw the lady symbol on the board too, the same symbol you have on the ladies bathroom. Hopefully THEN the men would understand.

Anyway, I was thinking about standing there and reading the sign out loud, but then I was like, naaah, don't have the guts so I'll just scoot past the jumping around dude. And seriously? When I passed the security check, he slipped in from the opposite direction at the same time. What the whaaa. (I'm sorry if this sounds biased or something. I amn't a feminist, but it DOES get annoying when this happens)

So now I caught up with my dad and brother and we were heading for the car park when the beggars dropped in. God, it was like they dragged in the freakshow. Every single gruesome type of handicap was presented. There was a man with half his face melted. It seriously looked like it melted and was dripping off the side of his face. Seriously! His hair was where his ear should be and ear where the neck should be. It was freaky so I turned to look at something else, but that was a guy lying on the ground with his crutch and deformed legs.

Right after the Eid prayer? Ruins it.

With all the security around the masjid, the authorites should take care of thes things. And I can't understand how badly deformed the beggars get. It's not like we accidentally set off an atomic bomb in Islamabad, what's with all you people? And if you guys do this on purpose with your wierdo methods and helped by your crazy mafia people, then that's sad!

Seriously, how low do you expect these beggars to stoop? On Eid especially? That is just SAD.

~Riku~

1 comment:

  1. Yours is better than my post, and funnier :D

    Yeaaaaah, yahan to every beggar comes to the house instead, to get eidi.

    ReplyDelete