Wednesday 15 August 2012

Pakistan


Sixty-five years old Pakistan talks about his devoted people who started out from scratch in the midst of the sudden increasing burden of people, drought, political imbalance, with almost no army and most of all a part of his one thousand miles away with in between a hostile country. He reminisces about how it got a steady pace even though blows frequently given through misguided leaders or the world in general pushed him ten years back from eventual success.

Pakistan has a lot to talk but what he talks most about is the fact which most of us tend to look over, yes, unity. Pakistan constantly talks about unity. He actually teaches us about unity through every single incident he has gone through. What Pakistan has taught me is that once united with my people, we would have everything we need.
  
Pakistan tells me that once there was a minority group in a huge sub-continent, constantly being crushed through the super powers around it but instead of fighting each other, this group paved its way to the eventual success in the memorable 1947 just because the group’s people were united.
Pakistan also speaks to me in his smooth tone about how once this group of united people, now a nation actually, broke the unity band and let go of the East Pakistan in 1971. He talks about how brother turned on brother and how it was no different from the violence of 1947. Pakistan weeps on the loss of unity but what was left of the nation rose again, giving him joyous moments back.

‘His nation,’ Pakistan speaks in a whisper to me, ‘stumbled and balanced itself once and it will do again.’ I awestruck, ask him that is he too old to notice the atrocities which he has been plunged into? He laughs a grandfatherly laugh and replies, ‘There is good among the ‘atrocities’. Everywhere in small bands are my united people who are slowly fighting their way into becoming a united nation once again.’ Pakistan says that I have to believe in myself and that I should try to keep people around me united. Pakistan tells me to spread this message to every one of his people because there is a sunrise after every night and the Pakistani nation has to just attain it by being united.

No comments:

Post a Comment