Sunday 19 August 2012

Keep calm and hope for Eidi.

First of all, a very happy Eid Mubarak to you all and now i shall begun with my Eid rant.

Eid is suppose to be a day of celebration for Muslims after their 1 month long fast during Ramadan but there is no such thing as celebration at my place. We wake up, clean the whole house and then wait for guests which aren't many, only my two uncles and that's it. Then we roam around the house lazily and Abu, tired of waking up so early goes to bed. Then it's us and the telly or the computer. Then at night we visit my Dadi's place and that's pretty much it.

The worst thing is that i don't get any Eidi. I only get Eidi from my Abu and very rarely from my Aunts and Uncles 'cause they often forget to give it or probably they don't want to part with all the new notes. I bet it's my latter reason which is correct. In the past years, someone would pass every year thus, my Aunts and Uncles got an excuse to escape from the Eidi ritual. But since a couple of years, none of such tragedies has happened and even then my Eidi doesn't exceeds one-thousand rupees, which sucks because i don't earn and i need money badly to buy some books for myself.

Then, i don't have any party type cousins even. My father's side cousins are all above twenty-five and their only interest is in taking photos of themselves while they pose with duck faces. My mother's side cousins are all younger than me and they would prefer talking about One Direction and the Disney celebs over having some actual fun. So whenever i see people uploading the Eid parties photos with their cousins on Facebook, i feel very miserable.

Then there is all the sweet stuff!  Since it is Eid-ul-Fitar, which is also known as the Meethi Eid, sweet stuff is made in large amounts and served to every single guest. I don't like sweet stuff. In fact i hate everything related to it which includes sheer korma, suwaiyan and etc. So when i visit people on Eid, i sit their quietly with an empty plate while people munch all the sweets happily.

The only thing which i like about Eid is Mehndi. Mehndi is love. Even though i don't have anyone to apply it on my hands which is not nice as i am horrible at applying mehndi but oh well you can't get everything you wish for.


GoodBye all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up. Im sure this eid will turn out to be loadsa fun!
    If not, ill try calling again. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Mehndi Design Is So Awesome. :3 Lovely. & Don't Be Sad If You Don't Get Eidi From Everyone, It's Fun. I Don't Get More Than 200 Rupee & I Don't Earn Either. :P

    & That Summary Of Your Cousins Was Really Funny. :P My Cousins Are So Small They Are Still Learning To Walk And Talk.

    But I Hope Even Thought All This You Had A Lot Of Fun On This Event, Be Happy Anyways Mayn. :) I Hope You Will. ^_^

    ReplyDelete