Thursday 2 August 2012

My Summer Trip~ Part 4

Day four of my trip to

THE NORTHERN AREAS
~Plenty of people living there... (^.^) ~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(^.^)/)
DAY FOUR
17th July, 2012
Tuesday
-------------------
Today we started our jorney back towards Islambad. So we travelled back to Dir and got our Corolla Altis back and then kept going until we reached the Swat district.

My mother really wanted to see Swat which is a pretty famous place in the Northern Areas. More specifically, we were going to Bahrain (not the country, the city town type thing) which is on the route to Kalam. But to get to Bahrain, we passed by Mingora first.

On the way to Mingora, it was already past noon so we stopped to have lunch at a roadside resteraunt/cafe type of thing.

~Habib Cabana Hotel. It was NOT a hotel, I'm telling you. I don't know WHAT definition of 'hotel' would include this place... ~


Moving on, Mingora is where a friend of mine lives. She goes there at almost every vacation and just like this summer, she was in Mingora too. She told me that Mingora is a really nice place, but from the road we apparently went on, it seemed to be a never ending bazaar. With the car moving at around fifteen miles an hour, it was certainly rather boring.

After that, we kept on going on that road looking for Bahrain. With our single road ometimes branching into forks, we DID take the wrong road once or twice, but after asking the locals we got right back on track.

Except it didn't really feel right. The road just kept on going endlessly, the mountains getting closer and the river still beside us but we barely seemed to be getting anywhere. Did Bahrain even exist? If so, why weren't we getting there? Apparently, some folks said, just a little further! The sign says, 'Welcome to Madyan'. Some random dude says 'Bahrain??'. And we say 'Are we there  yet?'.

But we reached there finally and checked into the hotel. Again, the first thing I did was run in and check the bathroom and again I was seveely disappointed. So much so I went and said 'I'm naraz' because it was sooo unfair. I mean, if you have fancy shmancy hotel, please!! Bathroom!! But I had to get used to it.... (=____=)

So we ordered some tea and after that we went to check out the river.

~This picture makes it look much better. Otherwise....~

Second thing that sort of messed up the trip. There are guys EVERYWHERE. So much so, I was starting to think that maybe females were another specie of humans that got extinct here. And that me, my sister and mom were the only specimens around.

When I say guys everywhere, I mean literally everywhere. The place was jam packed. Whether it was tourists or locals, they were all guys! And that gets really awkward and we couldn't do anything and just went back to our hotel and spent the rest of our time there.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(^.^)/)
DAY FIVE
18th July, 2012
Wednesday
-------------------
Today we set out back home to Islamabad.

We go on the Motorway.

And bought ice cream to eat.

And then got home.

The moment we stepped out, the thig to note was that there was super big temperature difference where we just came from and where we are headed. Islamabad is really hot compared to the North!!

We were all really tired. So then we came home and just relaxed.

The end
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And that is the last of my writing regarding my summer trip.

~Thank you for reading!!~

~Rikudo~

6 comments:

  1. That hotel One Really Made Me 'lol'. I Saw A Burger Shop Put KFC On Its Banner. :P It Was So Laughable.

    Your Trip Seems Like Fun, Pure Fun. Other Than The Few Mischievous Incidents That Occur To You, But That Happens In Life. :) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I thought id just share the experience. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Hey funn trip. when i went 2 swat i got carsick. and i took pics but they were from my brothers cell phone and at every new picture he would loudly groan, sounding suspiciously like ' please stop.'
    not that i did.
    anjyways this was really owsum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lawl, why didn't he upload them? Yeah hania got carsick alot.
      ~Rikudo~

      Delete
  3. You are so tall. -Kashaf.

    ReplyDelete